HOW TO USE 23CT / 24CT GOLD LEAF TRANSFER
– Ensure the surface onto which the leaf is to be attached is slightly tacky. A thinly applied egg wash or sugar syrup can be used where the food is not already sticky.
– Carefully remove a single sheet of gold leaf transfer paper gently apply, (similar to a child transfer)
– Rub over the back of the paper gently with your fingers.
– Carefully remove the paper to leave the gold leaf adhered to the surface
– If necessary, a small, dry brush can be used to carefully shape the leaf into grooves or crevices.
Avoid touching the leaf with your fingers, and avoid areas near a fan or breeze.
Stored in a cool, dry place, gold leaf will kept for 10 years
Edible 23ct and 24ct Gold leaf is inserted between bound tissues pages of a book. These edible genuine gold leaves are an ideal way to add a touch of luxury to your desserts. Gold leaf has been used for centuries as decoration for the most lavish table settings and lucullan feasts.
Packed in a booklet of 1, 5, 10 & 25 leaves, each gold leaf measures to the standard European size of 80 x 80mm. When consumed these edible gold leaf disintegrates in the mouth without flavour or smell, but beautifully enhances edible delights.
Our range of edible genuine gold leaf is certified with by an independent laboratory and is kosher and halal certified and suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans
Important note: Gold Leaves are extremely delicate so extreme care must be taken when taking them out of packaging. When removing sheets, please do so slowly and carefully.
Edible Gold leaf has been used to decorate food for centuries. Though particularly common in desserts, the opulent inclusion of a fleck, shard or sheet of gold leaf can be just as striking as part of a savoury dish.
With no taste or smell, edible gold leaf can be used without affecting even the most delicate of flavours, so the addition of gold leaf can turn a beautiful dish into something truly unforgettable.
Use on chocolate truffles, in cake decorating, gently laid across a risotto, on striking canapés, or even floating in a cocktail. The possibilities are limited only to your imagination and your sense of occasion.